Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pancakes On The Rocks, Darling Harbour

Pancakes. Glorious, fluffy pancakes. What more could you want?

Believe it or not, one of my workmates had never been to Pancakes on the Rocks!! Blasphemy or what?! And she calls herself a Sydneysider... I kid, I kid. So we decided to have dinner there after work so she could get her first taste of what Pancakes on the Rocks is all about! I myself have been there quite a few times before, but I still managed to try dishes I haven't had there before. I had made a booking a few days before, and we were seated promptly after arrival in one of the big booths next to the window.

Beef ribs, $25.95 + $2.00 for sour cream & sweet chilli sauce
Potato wedges, sour cream, and sweet chilli sauce is one of my favourite combinations. You really cannot go wrong with that! The beef ribs were nice and tender and not tough at all which was a relief. They were good, but not as fantastic as the pork ribs you can order here! I'd definitely recommend ordering the pork ribs over the beef ribs! The plus side was that this hunk of meat had 3 bones - it split perfectly between the three of us girls that were there ;)

Thai chicken crepes, $14.95
There were satay chicken breast pieces inside this crepe, along with carrots and coriander. Funny story - I picked up this small piece of what I thought to be a crispy part of the crepe that fell off. I put it in my mouth and it turned out to be fried ginger! Needless to say, I spat it right back out. Cannot believe I chewed on a piece of ginger... But yes, nice crepe. Even nicer when I lathered it in sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.

Blueberry heaven, $10.95
This was amazingly delicious as I do love blueberries. The pancakes were nice and fluffy and I do not even want to think about how much sugar went into making the blueberry sauce.

Devil's delight, $13.95
Very, very rich dessert. Especially loved the strawberries covered with chocolate sauce! Strawberries and chocolate is another favourite combination of mine. Sweet and juicy!

Everything cleared off the plates, we were stuffed to the brim. Three girls, four dishes that were extremely big in serving, not a good combination. We sat at the comfy booths for over half an hour digesting because we did not want to get that sudden feeling of bloatedness that hits you after standing up when you've just had a gigantic meal. It was nice to relax and talk without needing to worry about anything uni related!

Monstering through all the dishes
Going in for a quick detour in Harbourside, I managed to nab myself yet another shirt and wallet from Cotton On. Ah, the perks of having a friend who work in retail!

Pancakes on the Rocks
229/230 Harbourside Shopping Centre
Darling Harbour, NSW 2000

Trading Hours:
Sunday - Thursday: 7am - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 7am - Midnight

Pancakes on the Rocks on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment