Friday, June 15, 2012

Healthy baked sweet potato fries!

Who likes fries? I DO! But as fantastic as potato fries are, the deep fried oiliness cannot be good for your health. Since I am going through a change to improve my eating lifestyle, potato fries are a no no. As of last week, I am trying to cut out processed foods and eat as much raw foods as possible! And these sweet potato fries? Delicious!! And so so easy to make.


Before they went into the oven! I kept the skin on for added nutritional goodness!

Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients
1 medium sweet potato
Canola, vegetable or olive oil (perfectly fine if you want to omit this)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper to taste (I added a couple of pinches of each)

Method
1. Preheat oven to 210 degrees Celcius and line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
2. Cut up sweet potato so the pieces are all around the same size.
3. Pour the oil and sweet potato into one bowl, throw in the cut sweet potato slices, and mix until they are all coated.
4. Add in all the spices and toss until evenly coated.
5. Bake in oven for around 30 minutes or until nice and crunchy on the outside.
6. Eat!


Yummm, sweet and spicy!


Another thing I bought recently is unsweetened almond milk. I noticed normal milk has quite a lot of sugar in it and I'm trying to tone down my sugar (SO HARD). The almond milk might take a little getting used to to be honest, BUT it has 38% of your daily Calcium needs! And I really needed to up my Calcium levels because they are at an all time low...

Weekend is coming up! Have to spend it studying for my exam next week, so I hope everyone else's will be much more enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment