Friday, June 22, 2012

Miss Chu, Regent's Place

Since I was craving Vietnamese rice paper rolls the other day, I was on the lookout for Vietnamese restaurants in the city. When I saw the self proclaimed Miss Chu, Queen of Rice Paper Rolls, I thought why not see if she can live up to her title?

Miss Chu has opened up yet another joint in the hidden Regent's Place. You could walk by in a blink of an eye and not even notice the subtle entrance that leads into this little area. Going down the escalators, we are greeted by this little tuckshop and I feel as though this shop should be on the streets of Vietnam! There were other things on the menu, but I was just keen on eating some rice paper rolls!

Poached free range chicken & coconut young, $7.50
This roll consisted of chicken breast, young coconut flesh, vermicelli noodles, and a salad of mint, coriander, perilla leaves, blanched bean shoots and watercress. I found the chicken breast itself to be quite dry, but add in the sauce and it was delicious! The sauce was amazinggg, could have drowned my rolls with it haha. And how cute is it that they come in their own little bottles? I love the novelty of it.

Roast duck & banana flower salad, $9.00
Duck is always yuuum. This roll, with roast duck, shavings of banana flower, and Vietnamese salad, tasted exactly like the roasted duck you can buy at the Chinese BBQ stores. The sauce is the plum sauce that comes with the duck when you buy the whole duck and was also very runny - I found it seeped through everything and gathered at the bottom of the roll - unlucky if there's a hole! So all in all, nothing new but duck is duck so I'm not complaining (:

Miss Chu is a great place to go if you're looking for food on the run. Everything is packaged for convenience so that nothing spills everywhere when you're rushing back to work! So does she live up to her title as Queen of Rice Paper Rolls? I think I shall let you decide. For now, I will stick to my role - queen of eating rice paper rolls.

Miss Chu
501 George St
Sydney, NSW, 2000

Trading hours:
Monday - Saturday: 11am - 9:30pm

Misschu Tuckshop @ Regent Place on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I love the food here so far; lots of flavour, quick, convenient and well-priced. The rice paper rolls are great but the other items on the menu are even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was keen to try their caramelised pork belly stew I saw on your blog! However, I wasn't feeling too hungry and the rice paper rolls were a convenient snack. I definitely will go back to eat that stew though!

      Delete