Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What's cracking?

I'm really excited - I managed to open my very own coconut! I saw some drinking coconut in Coles in the refridgerated section and I just had to buy one even though I had absolutely no idea how to open it. But good old handy Youtube helped me in that regard.


I also did not know how nutritious coconut water is! So not only am I drinking something that tastes delicious, it's good for me too!

Here are just some benefits of coconut water:
  • Coconut water is filled with vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes, electrolytes, and minerals (particularly calcium, magnesium and potassium). Because of its high electrolyte content, it makes the perfect drink during and after working out!
     
  • Coconut water is effective in relieving dehydration, fatigue, constipation, and other digestive disturbances, kidney and bladder disorders, and vision problems such as glaucoma and cataracts.

  • Research shows that coconut water can improve blood circulation, lower elevated blood pressure, and reduce risk of heart attacks and strokes.
     
  • Coconut water also has an alkazlising effect on the body, helping to counteract or balance the effects of acidifying foods which are so common in our diets.
Wow, with all these benefits, I really should drink coconut water much more often! Though a word of warning about the packaged coconut water - they taste nowhere near as good or fresh and many of them have added sugars and preservatives so that they can have a long shelf life. I also question whether all these minerals and electrolytes can still be stored in the water for that long so I would definitely go nowhere near those and buy the fresh ones instead! It only cost me $1.80 for one of them at Coles.

I also have to share this with you guys - LOOK AT ALL THESE COOL FLAVOURS OF GUM!


It taste like dessert in a stick of gum minus all that butter, sugar, and empty calories! Could you get any more Willy Wonka-esque? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment