Thursday, July 26, 2012

Assembly Bar, CBD

These pictures have been sitting on my camera for quite some time and I haven't bothered making this post for quite some time doodidum...


I came here with my boyfriend for lunch before work one day, and it was very quiet - the complete opposite compared to when I visited last time on a Friday night!


Really digging the industrial vibe here.

Assembly fries, $8.00
These were one of the best fries I've had in a while! They were nicely salted, crunchy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside. And it tasted great dipped in the cheese and truffle sauce! Though I must say, the price here for some fried potato is pretty steep.


Sweet potato couscous, $14.00
This dish was not what I was expecting. I was picturing chunks of sweet potato with some couscous scattered throughout so I was very let down when this came to the table. It looked like fried rice with some sauce on top!! I did like the yogurt dressing on top and I ended up picking through the salad for the little nubbins of sweet potato and corn. However, there were plenty of coriander seeds which I don't like so I left majority of this for the boy to eat as he liked this one better than the quinoa salad we got!


Keen-Wah salad, $10.00
This was definitely my favourite out of the two though! Apparently the boy and I have different taste buds. I loved the cashews! And the pickled cucumber! And the quinoa! I found the tahini dressing quite thick and sticky but I guess the little juicy bits of cucumber contrasted quite well with it and broke through the heaviness of the dressing.

I'm quite keen to come back to try those sticky ribs! Service was lovely and attentive, so I left sated and happy for work.

Assembly Bar
488 Kent St 
Sydney, NSW, 2000
9283 8808

Trading Hours
Monday - Friday: 12 noon - 12 midnight
Saturday: 5:00 - 12:00pm
Sunday: Closed

Assembly on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment