Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pasticceria Papa, Haberfield

Cheesecake for breakfast! How healthy... Ok, after today, time to eat much more clean!

Torta di ricotta, $4.00
This slice of cheesecake was one of the better ones I've had lately. I loved the slightly chewy crust that surrounded the ricotta innards which were so smooth and creamy. What was great about this cheesecake was that it didn't feel too heavy when eating it which is the case with a lot of cheesecakes. It also wasn't overly sweet nor was there excess amounts of cinnamon dusted on top which was perfect because the delicate flavour of the ricotta was not overpowered by these other flavours. It was also really cheap for the slice!

Macarons, $2.00 each
I love macarons! Though I don't love the price... They do hurt my wallet. But sometimes I do get incessant cravings for them and I was sold once the lady told me the flavours in the display cabinet. What I noticed was that the orange one was significantly smaller compared to the other two.

Left to right: coconut, lemon & lime, rockmelon
Necessary innards shot! But yes, the rockmelon was what really sold me. It also had to be my favourite out of the three (: The coconut one wasn't bad - definitely one of the better ones I've had and I loved the surprising chocolate centre! But I could tell the coconut flavour came from the use of essence so that sort of had me a bit apprehensive. But the texture of these macarons were spot on - crisp shell on the outside that was soft and had a slight resistance when taking a bite.

I definitely will be back for the cheesecake.

Pasticceria Papa
145 Ramsay St
Haberfield, NSW, 2045
9799 9631
http://ppapa.com.au/

Opening Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Sunday:7:30am - 1:00pm

Pasticceria Papa on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment