Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Snag Stand, Westfield Sydney, CBD

Sweet post summer school celebrations! Went out with a couple of friends to see "Wreck-It Ralph" today. Yes, I know it is a child's movie and yes, it has been showing for a few months already so it's pretty old. But despite that, the cinemas were pretty full which was quite surprising! I also enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. The plot was actually very creative and it's quite different from what has been coming out in cinemas recently. A very nice change.

We also decided to grab hot dogs afterwards from the Snag Stand in Westfield Sydney. Who can say no to hot dogs and cheese? :D

Toulouse, $9.90
How could I resist truffle aioli? I thought the sauteed onions and toasted brioche added a sweet element which contrasted with the rosemary mushrooms and salty pork sausage. I did find the sausage to be quite salty nearing the end though... But it wasn't too high in sodium and I definitely enjoyed it! Though I think the entire hot dog would be a bit too much.

Spicy Spanish Chorizo, $9.90
This one was really good! I liked it even more than the Toulouse. With sun-dried tomatoes, chipotle mayo, baby rocket and shredded Spanish goat's cheese, what's not to like? Loved the slight spicy kick from the chorizo and chipotle mayo. That goat's cheese was also all sorts of cheesy amazingness and it definitely wasn't overpowering in flavour so that the chorizo flavour was lost. I think this was the pick out of the two!

Oh Westfield Sydney food court, you've yet to disappoint me! Can always count on you for tasty lunches (:

Snag Stand
188 Pitt St
Level 5 Westfield Sydney
Sydney, NSW, 2000

Opening Hours
Sunday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Monday-Wednesday: 10:00am - 6:30pm
Thursday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 10:00am - 8:00pm

Snag Stand on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

  1. i loved wreck it ralph, great movie! and i too had the chorizo dog, it was good! their chips are fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't order the chips - maybe I should have! Next time I shall ;)

      Delete
  2. hehe i really want to see wreck it ralph!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think you should - one is never too old for animated films! :D

      Delete
  3. You must try their chilli cheese fries. It's so heavy but it's so damn tasty! I've had the chorizo one, and found it a little too salty for my liking. The wagyu one still remains as the best snag for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I was tossing up between the wagyu and chorizo and ended up with the chorizo! Looks like I'll have to get the wagyu snag when I make a visit to the Snag Stand again :D Say what?! Chilli cheese fries?! Melty cheese and carbilicious potatoes? Will definitely order it (and share with friends from the sound of it) next time!!

      Delete
  4. Have you see the new U shaped Hotdog bun invented in Australia www.inniesbread.com also see video clip on www.pozible.com/project20052

    ReplyDelete