Saturday, January 19, 2013

Eats lately via iPhone

Sorry I've been MIA for a while! I'm currently doing Chinese at summer school and boy is it intense. So many characters to learn and so little time. Not to mention getting the tone and pronunciation right... But it doesn't mean I haven't been eating :P

Burnt butter gelato, $6.00
With all the hot weather going on lately, gelato has been a must! This burnt butter one reminded me much of salted butter caramel.. Mm, so good.

Check out the mountainous claw of gelato! The perks of bumping into a friend who works there :P

N2 Extreme Gelato
43-1 Dixon St
Haymarket, NSW, 2000

N2 Extreme Gelato on Urbanspoon

Happy birthday cake, $9.00
As with all of Adriano Zumbo's cakes, this one was incredibly rich. How could it not be with a flourless chocolate biscuit, chocolate sabayon mousse, chocolate brownie, milk chocolate chantilly and passionfruit glaze? Definitely delicious though! But I think my heart lies with the V8 ;)

From L to R: candy cane, johnny walker, citrus, salted butter caramel, & salted butter popcorn, $2.50 each
Wasn't the biggest fan of the candy cane, Johnny Walker or citrus (which had gone soggy) but salted butter caramel and salted butter popcorn have always been favourites of mine at Zumbo!

Adriano Zumbo Pattisier
80 Pyrmont St
Pyrmont, NSW, 2009

Adriano Zumbo Pâtissier on Urbanspoon

Clockwise from top: coconut, maple, & fruit salad fairy floss
I bought these on a deal website for $5.00 (I think?) each with $10.00 shipping. It definitely is interesting trying new flavours, especially gourmet, artisan fairy floss! If anyone is interested, Spun Fairy Floss has stores around Sydney.

Iced tea and scone with jam & cream
I finally made a trip to the Tea Cosy with a few of my high school girls to catch up. And my, this apple and cinnamon scone was absolutely delicious! So fluffy and with the home made jam plus cream, I fell in love with scones all over again. Must visit this place again!

The Tea Cosy
33 George St
The Rocks, NSW, 2000

The Tea Cosy on Urbanspoon

San churros signature classic Spanish hot chocolate, $5.95
This was a different experience having a hot chocolate this thick! I really did love it, but nearing the end of the cup I was finding it a bit too thick and a bit too sweet. Great in smaller doses though! And maybe not after a huge meal, like I had...

Choclateria San Churros
2-10 Darling Dr,
Sydney, NSW, 2000

Choclateria San Churro - Harbourside on Urbanspoon

Khao nieaw sangkaya, $4.00
Sticky rice steamed with coconut cream and palm sugar accompanied with a steamed coconut custard? Yes, please!

Chat Thai
20 Campbell St
Haymarket, NSW, 2000

Chat Thai Haymarket on Urbanspoon

Volcano sushi
Couldn't resist snapping a photo of this extremely pretty volcano sushi dish we managed to nab on a sushi train. So much cream cheese!

Kz's Sushi Experience
59 Burwood Rd
Burwood, NSW, 2134

Kz's Sushi on Urbanspoon

Grilled lamb salad, $22.90
This salad really did win my heart. It was amazing of all sorts! There were so many elements yet they all seemed to work together. The sweetness from the pumpkin and beetroot, cous cous for texture, baby spinach for our daily dose of greens (and iron!), walnuts for crunch, lamb for protein and a delicious mint and coriander dressing. Too good.

Blackbird Cafe
Harbour St
Sydney, NSW, 2000

Blackbird Cafe on Urbanspoon

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Chinese classes! I tried them when I was younger and couldn't get the hang of it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Heading into my final week so this is going to be the hardest week of all :( It's definitely a hard language to learn isn't it?

      Delete
  2. You sure have been eating out lots ;) Good on you for doing something over the summer break. I should have done something like that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer school is much more intense than normal uni though! But it's also easier in a sense because you only have to concentrate on one subject and just churn it out (: And hooray, not as stressful during semester!

      Delete
  3. Oooo, I'm intrigued by the fairy floss - were the flavours apparent when eating them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flavours were definitely apparent - it was really cool!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear that your studies aren't getting in the way of the important stuff - food! I think learning Chinese would be really difficult - best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anything could get in the way of food... Even during class, I'm thinking about how hungry I am and what I'm going to eat next :P Chinese is definitely difficult (it may be one of the hardest languages to learn) yet I'm Chinese myself haha! Thank you for the luck (:

      Delete